Nitros are used to skip a word while racing. They are used by pressing the enter key during a race. You used to be able to use up to 3 nitros per race regardless of your speed. After an update in 2016, if you have an average speed of 0-10 wpm, sorry, you don't get to use any nitros. If you have an average speed of 11-20 wpm, you can only use 1 nitro. If you have an average speed of 21-30wpm, you can only use up to 2 nitros per race. If you have an average speed of 31 wpm, you can use up to 3 nitros per race. Corndog is likely to adjust this up, requiring even faster speed for 3 nitros. There are several achievements including nitros.
You can buy Nitros from the dealership for $2,000 each, and they can be sold for $500 each in the garage. You can also earn them for free by winning races. If you get 1st place in a race, you win 2 nitros, and you win one for 2nd place.
(As of 2016)Nitros can only be bought and sold in groups of 10. The price is the same, so buying 10 costs $20,000 and selling 10 earns $5,000. This was changed in update 2.0.
Tips and Tricks
- Only use nitros on hard or sophisticated words such as sophisticated itself.
- Use them at the beginning for a head start, or you can use them at the end to zoom past the other racers that are racing against you for the #1 place.
- Commonly, nitros are used on words with lots of numbers, such as GRB 080319B or 1958, or symbols that require shift.
- Don't just use them for fun.
- And use them when racing the wampus.
(As of 2011) There is a known glitch on the regular site, in which you can have negative nitros which add a word to the passage. Using these could damage your account. Getting more nitros erases how many negative nitros you have. If you have negative 50 nitros, let's say for example, and you win first in a race and get two nitros, you would have negative 48 nitros. This glitch was removed.