There are nine ways to earn cash:1. When you sign up for Nitro Type your account starts with $10,000.(If you are invited, then you start with $60,000)
2. When you finish a race, you will earn an amount of money depending on your place, which can range from $1,300 to $2,200 per race if there are no bonuses in place. Race rewards are increased by 50% during an event like Summer or Winter. Back in early 2012 there was a 20% bonus. In addition, racing on the test site currently will give you $1,000 per race(N/A now). If you are a gold member racing, your rewards will be increased by an additional 20%.
3. When you complete an achievement, you can earn cash depending on which achievement you completed. The normal (non-holiday) achievements' rewards currently range from $500 to $1,000,000. The largest 2016 holiday achievement gave $2,000,000, however it is no longer achievable. The largest Summer achievement gave $,000,000, It was achievable for completing 450 races in a session w/ summer car. One 2013 holiday achievement gives a reward of $5,000,000, the largest amount ever for an achievement.
4. When you invite your friends and your friends complete 20 races, you can earn $50,000 per friend. These friends that sign up through your special joining link instantly receive $50,000, meaning that they start off with $60,000 total cash.
5. When you sell cars and nitros, you will earn extra money. The selling values for cars are from $3,000 to $15,000,000 and nitros sell for $500 each.
6. Also, the mystery box gives a chance of giving you cash as well. If you do receive cash from it, you can get $60,000 or maybe even more! Mystery boxes can be opened every 21 hours. The possibilities are endless!
7. With their admin panel, NT (the admins) can award anybody any amount of money. This is typically used to reward people who report bugs, although it has been used for other purposes.
In the new Nitro Type 2.0, you are able to purchase cash from your garage by clicking the plus sign next to your cash. You are able to choose from $25,000,000; $50,000,000; and $100,000,000. (The admins took off the 5,000,000 and 10,000,000 for security reasons)